Ep. 35: Aging With Intention: Purposeful Longevity
“Purposeful longevity is framed around empowerment, engagement, experience, and education. It’s not driven by deficits, it’s about thriving.”
Around the topics of aging and senior care, “the future” can be a touchy topic—but my guest today sure doesn’t see it that way. He imagines a future where seniors are part of their community, not separated from it.
Bob Kramer is Co-founder, former CEO, and now Strategic Advisor at the National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC). He is also the Founder and Fellow of Nexus Insights, founded to help transform housing and aging services for older adults.
On today’s episode, we talk about how Nexus Insights aims to change the future, how having purpose is crucial to thriving in old age, and what we can do now to help set ourselves up for success.
- Essential retirement Planning for Solo Agers: A retirement and Aging Roadmap for Single and Childless Adults by Sara Zeff Gerber
- Right Place, Right Time: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Home for the Second Half of Life by Ryan Fredrick
Don’t miss Sara Zeff Geber’s episode on Seniority Authority!! Ep. 29: Solo Agers: The Keys to Planning Your Life in Retirement
What are your views, comments or questions on the future of aging and senior housing? Share them with us at email@example.com!
- LinkedIn: Cathleen Toomey
- Website: Seniority Authority
- Facebook: Seniority Authority
- Instagram: seniorityauthority
Subscribe to our podcast + download each episode on Stitcher, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and Spotify.